Mergers & Acquisitions
CEO Advisor, Inc. has the experience, expertise, focus and connections to facilitate your mergers and acquisitions needs for software, technology, interactive, media, healthcare, professional services and many other types of companies. We provide a comprehensive mergers and acquisitions advisory service to meet all of your needs.
Mark Hartsell, MBA, President is Certified in Mergers & Acquisitions by the Wharton School of Business, University of Pennsylvania, and he has over 30 years of M&A experience.
Valuation & Trends
The Sale Process
- Acquire the Needed Information to Develop a Strategy and the Criteria for Acquiring a Company or Selling Your Company
- Preparation and Research of Valuations of Targeted Acquisitions, or to Maximize the Value of Your Business; Creating/Updating the Business Plan and Forecast/Offering Memorandum; Creating a PowerPoint Presentation to Concisely Present Your Business; Review of Your Financials, Assessing the Valuation Range; Due Diligence Preparation; Defining How an Acquisition Will be Funded and Other Needed Preparation
- Create a List of Targeted Companies to Acquire or Sell to Based on Your Criteria
- Initiate Contacts to Targeted Sellers, or Acquiring Companies if Exiting; Schedule Conference Calls or Meetings to Answer Questions on the Executive Summary and Engage with Sellers or Acquiring Companies to Generate a Letter of Intent (LOI)
- Generate an LOI for a Targeted Seller, or Secure LOI(s) from Acquiring Companies of Your Business; Execute an NDA with Each Targeted Seller or Acquiring Company Submitting an LOI; Negotiate the Optimal Price and Terms; Ensure an Acquiring Company has the Funds to Close a Transaction
- Finalize the Negotiation of the LOI, including Compensation for the Owners/Management; Consult with a Corporate/Transaction Attorney and Tax Advisor/CPA, as needed, to Minimize Taxes
- Initiate the Due Diligence Process to Validate the Many Aspects of an Acquisition
- Complete the Due Diligence Process and Renegotiate Specific Terms of the LOI, as needed
- Review and Work Together Through the Asset Purchase Agreement and related Legal Documents and Consult with your Corporate/Transaction Attorney and Tax Advisor/CPA Firm to Finalize All Legal Issues and Minimize Taxes; Complete the Stock or Asset Purchase Agreement including Final Negotiations of All Points
- Execute Internal Legal Documents to Approve and Complete the Acquisition or Sale of Your Company
- Finalize all Aspects of the Legal Documents and Secure Updated Financials from Seller, or Provide Updated Financials to the Acquiring Company, as needed; Final Preparation to Close the Transaction
- Execute the Legal Documents and Close the Transaction; Pay Funds to Seller or Receive Funds for the Sale of Your Company; Initiate the Post-closing Integration Process and Requirements
Sale of Your Business - Two Options
Option 1 Sale to a Strategic Buyer by Working with CEO Advisor, Inc. and our Advisory Team
CEO Advisor, Inc. provides business and M&A advisory services to:
- Prepare for the sale of your business and increase your ability to secure the right buyer at an optimal sale price
- Research and formulate a complete targeted buyer list
- Initiate the contacts to targeted buyers and generate interest with the goal of securing a Letter of Intent (LOI)
- Negotiate the LOI, while keeping you insulated from any head to head conflict with buyers and save you time to run your business during this rigorous process
- Finalize the LOI and ensure you have a qualified buyer that has the financing to complete the transaction and is the right fit for you
- Work through the Due Diligence process along with you and the buyer and make sure the deal remains strong and intact with minimal or no changes to the terms.
- Work as a liaison between you, your corporate/transaction attorney and tax advisor/CPA to get through the Asset Purchase Agreement or Stock Purchase Agreement deal points according to the LOI and work through any tax and legal issues to yield the highest return to shareholders with the least tax burden.
- Ensure the deal gets finalized, funded and closed as timely as possible to accomplish your goals.
- Assist with any needed post-closing integration issues to elevate the success of any contingent compensation.
Option 2 CEO Advisor, Inc. Secures a Private Equity Firm Investor / Buyer
CEO Advisor, Inc. provides all of the same M&A Services to secure and close a transaction with a Private Equity investor/buyer. Contact Us to discuss your needs with Mark Hartsell, MBA, President of CEO Advisor, Inc. or call (949) 629-2520 for more information.